Do You Have a Personal Real Estate Agent?
If you are planning to buy a home, you may have already done some shopping around on your own. Perhaps you’ve checked out a few open houses or called the number on a For Sale sign to schedule a private viewing of that property.
Yes, you can do all of that on your own if you have the time and expertise. However, statistics prove that you’ll be more successful in finding your dream home at the right price with your own personal real estate agent or, in the case of the Woltkamp Group, agents.
Your Real Estate Agents Works for You
Real estate agents, especially ones who know the local market well like we do, can help you find and buy your ideal home and make the entire process go smoothly for you. During a viewing, we will give you the inside scoop on the property, so you know the full story. We will point out desirable features and potential issues that you might otherwise miss. Unfortunately, this information is not always readily available unless you’ve been trained where to look for it.
When it comes time to make an offer, we will present it and negotiate on your behalf. If you don’t have your own real estate agent, you would have to deal directly with the seller’s agent, who is legally obligated to work in the seller’s best interests–not yours.
Bottom line: Your own personal real estate agents are there for you, every step of the way. At least, that’s how we work with our clients.
What to Look for in a Real Estate Agent
When buying a home, you want real estate agents who
- Take the time to understand your needs and goals, so you have a true partner in your home buying journey.
- Explain everything clearly and answer your questions, so you’re never in the dark.
- Have expertise and a track record of success in the local market.
- Know how to find great properties in your price range.
- Will alert you to new listings quickly, so you get the jump on those opportunities.
- Will advise you on the best price to offer for the home you want.
- Will prepare and present your offer and skillfully negotiate price, conditions, closing dates, etc., so you get the best deal.
- Will save you potentially thousands of dollars by ensuring you don’t overpay for the property you want.
- Will recommend reputable home inspectors, movers, and other professionals you may need.
Not every real estate agent offers all of these services. Our clients say that we do. They also tell us how much they appreciate our professionalism, expertise, and accessibility.
The best way to select the right real estate agent is to meet with him or her in person. Ask questions. See if there is a good fit.
To schedule an appointment with one or both of us, please call or email. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form below, and we’ll get back to you.